- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 ½ Cups Jasmine Rice, rinsed well
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Cups Water, Vegetable Broth, or Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Shredded Zucchini
- 1 Cup Grated Pepper Jack Cheese, or Monterey jack or cheddar
- Heat a 10-12 inch skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Once the butter has melted add in the rinsed rice and allow it to toast for about one minute. Season with salt and pepper, pour in the water or broth, and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Allow the liquid to come to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Let the rice simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until almost all of the liquid is absorbed. Turn off the heat and allow the rice to rest for 5 minutes still covered.
- Remove the lid and add in the zucchini and cheese. Use a fork to fluff the rice while working in the zucchini and cheese.
- Taste the rice and add more salt and pepper, if needed before serving.
From Fashionable Foods