- 2 large avocados, diced
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, sliced or shredded
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 (4-5 inch) tortillas (gluten-free for gluten-free), warmed
- Blend the salsa verde, 1 avocado and half of the cilantro in a blender or food processor.
- Mix 1/2 cup of the avocado salsa verde with the remaining avocado, the chicken and half of the cheese.
- Spread half of the remaining avocado salsa verde across the bottom of a baking dish.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the tortillas, rolling them up around the filling before placing them into the baking dish with the seam side down.
- Pour the remaining avocado salsa verde over the enchiladas and sprinkle on the remaining cheese before baking in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the cheese has melted and the side are bubbling, about 10-15 minutes before removing from the oven and sprinkling on the remaining cilantro.
From Closet Cooking