- 1-1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 2 cups crushed gluten-free pretzels
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (or seasoned salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- cooking spray (I use coconut oil spray from Trader Joe’s)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Place the crushed pretzels (I crush mine inside a ziploc bag) in a swallow dish. In another dish, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, ground mustard, and garlic powder. Whisk the eggs until smooth in a third bowl.
- Dredge the chicken by first placing it in the flour. Shake to remove the excess, then place and coat in the egg. Last, roll the chicken in the crushed pretzels and place on the baking sheet. I usually dredge 2-3 pieces at a time and have one hand be the wet hand and the other be the dry hand to keep things from getting too messy.
- Once all the chicken is coated, spray the chicken lightly with cooking oil. This will help the surface crisp and brown. You can just brush it with coconut oil if you prefer. Bake the chicken for 8 minutes then use tongs to flip with it to the other side. Bake for another 8-10 minutes until cooked through and crispy. Serve with dipping sauce if desired. Enjoy!