- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 1/2 an onion
- 1/3 whole fresh pineapple – peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup of
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
Pineapple Mango Guacamole
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1/4 whole fresh pineapple – peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 mango – peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- salt and pepper, taste
Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
In a small bowl combine the BBQ sauce, pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
Toss the chicken with half of the BBQ sauce. Grill the chicken for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through. At the same time grill the slices of pineapple and the half of an onion for about 4 minutes per side or until charred. Allow everything to to cool five minutes and then chop the pineapple into bite size pieces, dice the onion and chop the chicken or shred with a fork. Set aside.
While the chicken is cooling make the pineapple-mango guacamole. Mash the avocados (I left mine pretty chunky, but go as chunky or smooth as you want) in a medium size bowl. Add the pineapple, mango, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, lime juice and pineapple juice. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper.
Heat an electric griddle or skillet over medium heat. Add a bit of olive oil.
One at a time, place a tortilla down in the skillet, cover with a bit of the cheese, then evenly distribute the rice on top. Add the diced chicken, pineapple and onions. Then add the pickled jalapeños and sprinkle with a little more cheese. Repeat with 3 more tortillas. Place one of the tortillas with the toppings back on the griddle or skillet, then cover with a plain tortilla. Cook until the bottom is crispy and golden brown, then gently flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes until crispy and golden. Repeat with the other 3 topping filled tortillas. Serve with the remaining BBQ sauce the the Pineapple-Mango Guacamole.
From Half Baked Harvest