- 3/4 c. salted butter, softened
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 (7 oz.) container marshmallow fluff
- 1 (11 oz.) bag individually wrapped caramels
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. peanuts
- 4 oz. semisweet baking chocolate
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Line a 9×9-inch pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease the parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla until well-combined.
- Stir in flour until just incorporated.
- Press crust evenly into prepared pan.
- Prick the crust with a fork all over the base.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and middle is light golden brown.
- While the crust is hot, drop spoonfuls of marshmallow fluff on top, and gently spread to smooth it out.
- Let crust cool to room temperature in pan.
- When crust is cool, unwrap caramels.
- Place caramels and cream in microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat 30 seconds, and stir. Continue heating and stirring until smooth and melted.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Pour caramel/peanut mixture over marshmallow.
- Chill, uncovered, until set (about an hour).
- Once caramel is set, heat chocolate in microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over caramel, spreading as necessary.
- Chill, uncovered, at least 3 hours before cutting and serving.
From I Heart Eating