- 16 slices white sandwich bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- 16 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- Trim the crusts off of the bread.
- Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon and mix until combined; set aside.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture on one flattened bread slice; leaving ⅛ in border on all sides.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
- Roll up the bread, jelly roll-style.
- Dip in melted butter and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture until fully coated (making sure to coat the ends of each roll).
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Bake rolls at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve with extra maple syrup for dipping.
From It Is A Keeper