- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3½ ounces chorizo sausage (refrigerated Portuguese chouriço recommended)
- 1 double crust pie crust dough (homemade or refrigerated store-bought)
- ¾ cup grated manchego cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions (about 2 medium)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground or grated nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 24 mini muffin cups.
- Remove and discard casing from chorizo. Finely dice the sausage.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced chorizo and cook until browned. Remove from heat to cool to room temperature.
- If using homemade dough, roll out thin (between ⅛- and ¼-inch).
- Use a round 2½-inch cutter to cut 24 rounds from the dough. Press 1 round into bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup.
- Divide cheese among muffin cups (about 1 to 1½ teaspoons per cup). Top each with green onions then cooked chorizo.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, salt, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly into crusts.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes. Use the tip of a knife to lift quiches from cups.
From Magnolia Days