- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 packages Three Bridges Five Cheese Ravioli
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 (15-oz.) containers Three Bridges Heirloom Marinara Sauce
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and sausage. Break up with your spatula. Cook until almost brown, about 5 minutes. Add onions and mushrooms and cook for another 10 minutes, until the onions are soft and the sausage and mushrooms have browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line a 9×13 pan with a thin layer of marinara sauce. Add a layer of ravioli.
- Add the sausage mixture. Top with a thin layer of sauce. Sprinkle layer with half of the cheese, herbs, and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add another package of ravioli. Generously cover the ravioli with marinara sauce, making sure the pasta is entirely covered.
- Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes on top.
- Place a baking sheet under your pan. Bake in a preheated 400° oven covered loosely with foil for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes, or until hot all the way through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Top with more fresh parsley and basil. Serve and enjoy
From Baked Bree