- 280 Grams Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour*, I used Cup4Cup
- 1 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum, omit if the flour blend already contains it
- ¾ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, cubed and kept very cold
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Half and Half, plus more for brushing
- 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Grated Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Grated Zucchini
- Combine the flour, xanthan gum (if using), salt, and baking powder in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Give it a quick mix to combine the dry ingredients.
- Add in the butter and turn the mixer to low speed and mix until you have something resembling coarse crumbs. Add in the egg, half and half, and sour cream. Mix until just combined.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and zucchini and mix until evenly distributed.
- Turn the batter out onto a floured work surface and pat into a round disk, about an inch thick. Cut into 8 equal pieces and transfer to a silicone or parchment-lined baking sheet. Alternatively, you can make mini scones by patting out 2 disks and cutting each into 8 pieces so that you have a total of 16 mini scones.
- Transfer the scones to the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425º.
- Brush the chilled scones with half and half and then bake them for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden and firm to the touch. Allow them to cool and store in airtight container.
- Enjoy them as is or toasted with butter!
- *To make with regular flour simply swap out the gluten-free flour for an equal weight of all-purpose flour. Omit the xanthan gum and proceed with the recipe as written.
From Fashonable Foods